- Start planning for 2020!
- We're hiring!
- Not all shredders are equal...
- Be whiteboard wise...
- Paper storage advice
- Stamp your mark!
- Raise the banners!
- Have you got it taped?
- Catch the breeze...
- Are you under-selling yourself?
- Getting 2019-20 seated in advance...
- Freshen up your whiteboard
- Still using blackboards?
- Make noticeboards interesting
- Look after your paper...
- Supporting learning the right way
- Did you know?
- Desk-based job? Think of your posture...
- The journey of paper...
Paper storage advice
In the recent hot weather, how many times have you taken a glass of water out of a cold fridge and seen the condensation appear on the glass with the sudden shock of summer temperatures?
Have you ever considered what happens to paper if it has been stored in the cold, only to be moved straight to room temperature and the warm printer/copier when it is needed?
You can't see the condensation in the same way, but the paper takes the moisture in and this can cause problems with the printing process!
Here's a few tips on paper storage to help you along...
- Store your paper in it's packet, preferably at room temperature (around 20 degrees centigrade). If you can keep the packets of paper in the box that's even better.
- If storing elsewhere in the building, give the paper 24 hours to adjust to room temperature. Leaving it in your copier's storage tray or next to the printer is ideal for this acclimatisation.
- Check that there's no sources of damp where you are storing the paper. This can include tiled floors in old buildings where there is no damp course, but can also be an issue in newer premises.
- Whilst avoiding damp, also avoid storing paper near a radiator or other direct heat source as this can dry the paper out, making it brittle.
- If you keep large stocks of paper, when you receive new stock make sure you rotate it with older stock, so that the older paper doesn't keep getting left at the bottom of the pile.
We hope that's a helpful reminder of the best way to treat the good paper you're buying, but if you need any further advice please don't hesitate to give our team a call on 01509 610077.
We're always happy to speak with you!